Portuguese Pickled Onions
- 1 package NOH Portuguese Vinha D’alhos Seasoning Mix (1 1/8 oz.)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 round onions; cut into 1⁄4” slices
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Quart-sized sealable jar
- Combine NOH Portuguese Vinha D’alhos Mix with 1⁄4 cup of water, 1 cup of vinegar and 1⁄2 cup sugar. Mix well.
- Place cut onions into a quart-size jar.
- Pour 2 cups of HOT WATER onto onions; Let stand for 3 minutes, drain off water.
- Add sauce mixture to the jar, close lid and let stand for 2 days. Refrigerate and serve chilled.